Digital Video Input Output
Version 1.32 released October 18, 2000
What is DVIO?
DVIO captures and sends both AVI Type 1 and Type 2 video files to and from your IEEE
1394 videocamera without the need for converting between multiple files types.
What do I need?
Where do I get it?
How do I use it?
- Turn on your videocamera.
- Connect it to the PC via IEEE 1394.
- Execute the DVIO.EXE file downloaded above.
- From the system menu, select the AVI format you wish to capture or send.
- Enter the filename you wish to capture or send by filling in the text box or clicking the "file" button.
- If sending, put the videocamera into record mode (or, leave it in stop mode to view without recording).
- If capturing, put the videocamera into playback mode.
- Click the "capture" button to capture an AVI file, or click "send" to export the AVI file to the videocamera.
- Click the same button again to end capture or playback.
Following is a list of suggestions I've received for future versions of DVIO. Being a graduate student, I rarely have time to work on DVIO. But if I do, these are the features I will implement first. If you have a suggestion that is not listed here, please email me.
- A batch capture/playback facility.
- Conversion of files from Type 1 to Type 2.
- Automatically split files into 2 GB chunks
Improvements in v1.32
- Fixed minor bug miscalculating file size of big capture files
Improvements in v1.31
- Fixed minor bug preventing AVI Type-2 capture
Improvements in v1.3
Because this program is free, there will be no public support for it.
- Sets process priority to high during capture
- Option to prompt before overwriting existing capture files
- Displays number of captured and dropped frames during capture, plus capture file size in GB
Copyright (c) 2002 by Carr Engineering, Inc.
Sponsored by VolunteerHub.com